Dawn Of War II: Chaos Rising
The much-anticipated expansion to the awesome Dawn Of War II will be making its real space translation in 12.03.M02010 Standard Terra Years.
The Dark Gods apologize for any delays due to the instability of the warp currents.
Chaos Rising will include a new playable Chaos faction and a Chaos Sorcerer in the Last Stand mode. Not only that, a Librarian (Space Marine Psyker) will be joining the ranks of the Blood Ravens in this battle against the cursed Archenemy. Each of the original races in DoW II will also be getting new units and presumably new heroes as well.
The single player campaign will be a continuation from where we last left off in DoW II. This time, taking place on the planet Aurelia which has recently been released from an age old warp storm. But what is different this time for the single player campaign is the introduction of the Corruption system.
Corruption is gained by doing unwholesome things that gives you short-term benefits but has long-term repercussions. So as you characters (which you can port over from the original DoW II) gain corruption, they gain new funky abilities and wargear. Sure they are powerful but would usually result in further Corruption. How insidious of you Chaos!
And your corruption actually affects the ending of your game! Cap’n plot twist over yonder! So yes, Chaos Rising is looking like a mighty fine game to get this march. Before I sign off, here is a little sneak peek at the new units rumored to be on Chaos Rising and some videos of Chaos Rising.
- Chaos Lord – A powerful melee commander unit, presumably a leader unit in multiplayer. The Chaos Lord can be equipped with Terminator Armor.
- Chaos Sorcerer – A commander with many dark and Chaotic psychic & sorcerous powers. Presumably a leader unit in multiplayer. CONFIRMED last stand unit hero.
- Chaos Cultists – weak ranged units of Chaos worshipers, used as fodders and human sacrifices to summon daemonic units.
- Chaos Space Marines – Tough all round units, the basic infantry of the Chaos faction. Can equip different weapons.
- Chaos Dreadnought – a large walker able to kill in melee or at a distance, similar to the Space Marine Dreadnought. Can equip multiple heavy weapons.
- Bloodletter daemons – powerful daemonic melee units devoted to Khorne, the God of rage, conflict and bloodshed. They wield Hell Blades as power weapons.
- Bloodcrushers – Bloodletters riding Juggernaut daemons which resemble rhinoceroses.
- Plague Marines – Chaos Space Marines devoted to Nurgle, the God of despair, entropy and pestilence. Likely very resistant to enemy attacks.
- Chaos Predator – Similar to Predator of Space Marine but with Chaos influence inside them.
- Great Unclean One – Massive demon of Nurgle the Plague Father, he fights with a kindly attitude until the enemy interferes with his masters plans.
- Librarian – a unit with powerful psychic powers. A new character in the campaign called Jonah The Librarian.
- Predator – a tank equipped with lascannons and has several other upgrades including an assault cannon barrage and smoke launchers.
- Genestealers – powerful melee units.
- Tyrant Guard – powerful defensive melee units used to protect other large or vulnerable units.